HUNTERS BAR INFANT SCHOOL
HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT
HUNTER’S BAR INFANT SCHOOL HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT
- Create a comfortable, safe and welcoming environment where your child is respected and listened to.
- Encourage your child to grow in confidence and to become self-motivated.
- Encourage your child to do their best at all times and enjoy a positive sense of achievement.
- Encourage your child to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Inform you of your child’s progress and learning.
- Inform you if there is a concern or problem regarding your child.
- Welcome and encourage your involvement as parents and carers – working in partnership to support learning.
- Ensure you are well informed about school events and curriculum developments.The Parent or Carer will:
- Ensure my child arrives at school on time each day at 8:50 am and is collected each day at 3:20 pm.
- Ensure my child attends school regularly during term time – providing a prompt explanation if my child is absent.
- Take an active and supportive interest in my child’s learning and progress.
- Provide school with information about circumstances which may affect my child’s work or behaviour at school.
- Attend Open Evenings to discuss my child’s progress.
- Support my child in opportunities for home learning, in line with the school’s homework policy.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour. Together we will encourage the child to uphold the Friendship Charter.
- Be polite to everyone.
- Try not to hurt people’s feelings or bodies.
- Be honest and truthful even when things go wrong.
- Ask people to join in.
- Share and take turns fairly.
- Listen to people and talk together about things.
- Say sorry if things go wrong.
- Use equipment and property carefully and sensibly.
- Help each other whenever we can. Together we will:
- Make each other aware of any concerns or problems that might affect the child’s work or behaviour.
- Support the child’s learning to help them achieve their best.
- Promote the ethos of the school.