Support for Parents during COVID from Sheffield’s Parenting team
Isolation, working at home, and home schooling, are all additional pressures on parents, and we know being a parent can have its challenges. So, we have developed and gathered below a range of online materials and useful videos for parents and carers to support them in their parenting role. These are all based on the evidence based parenting programmes that we use in Sheffield.
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Follow our social media channels where we will post regular tips, videos, information for families that you may find helpful to report to your school page.
Short clips with parenting tips and techniques will be posted here every week, as well as Family Centre information and activities.
- Facebook – Sheffield Family Centre
- Twitter – SheffFamilyCtrs
- Instagram – SheffieldFamilyCentres
Short videos of the parenting team discussing parenting topics are posted here.
- Sheffield Family Centres
Descriptive commenting to develop language in children
Praising your children and positive attention
Developing your new baby’s brain
Messy play activities and other early years topics.
We will keep posting new videos here, please let us know if there are any specific topics you would like and we will do our best to respond.
Triple P Short videos:
- Our parenting team deliver the Triple P Programme which is an internationally evaluated and coordinated programme.
- Quick Tips Video blogs by Dr Claire Halsey from triple P – now available on the Triple P You Tube. Follow this link: YouTube
- These cover topics such as, helping children feel safe, keeping busy, routines, tolerating uncertainty, taking care of yourself.
Triple P Tips and Blogs
- Parenting During COVID-19 – the Triple P Parenting Guide –Top 10 tips – read or download here
- Blog post – How to manage when you’re all at home (including working from home) – Read the article here and share with parents via your own channels.
Online Groups and direct support
- During COVID, we have moved all our group programmes online, and we now deliver through Zoom. These include weekly programmes for parents of children of all ages and needs. We can offer parents in Sheffield a free Triple P On-Line programme.
- If parents wish to access this, they can emails us directly on email@example.com Please let us know what you would like support with, and leave your name and contact details, so someone from the parenting team can contact you.
You can also see more information here: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/social-care/positive-parenting